For people with multiple accounts, like me and Kappa, is there a way to set it up so that all the accounts get notified when one of them has a PM? I wouldn’t want to miss a PM here when Andrew is online, or miss one for Andrew when he should be online but I am instead.
She is Lisbet Serise, Empress of Cetaganda. She was originally very intrigued by the forum, but when she noticed there was another user from her world, she stopped posting so as not to clue him in. She has since figured out who he is - while he's absolutely being subtle enough to avoid giving clues about his origin to a mere casual observer from his world, he is being nowhere near subtle enough to fool a Libby. And in almost every case where Lisbet would want to ask a question, Leaf gets there first and asks it anyway, so she has no reason to draw any more attention to herself. ~For now.~
How did she figure that out? The only personally identifying information I noticed was that he spent most but not all of his gestation in a uterine replicator, which is probably not unique even if it is uncommon.
- That's a silver maple leaf in his avatar. Vorkosigan District produces a lot of maple-related things, the Vorkosigan seal is a maple leaf and mountains, and the Vorkosigan colours are brown and silver.
- Although his display name is Leaf, his username (which you see if you go to his profile) is "thegivingvein". This is a Richard III reference. Miles studied the play in school. It has a lot of personal meaning for him related to dealing with Barrayaran ableism. Lisbet doesn't specifically know he studied it, but she got a good enough read on him when they met that she can make the connection anyway.
- The gestation thing, and the fact that he didn't provide an explanation of why. Some of the people out there who've had similar circumstances would have been willing to provide more information about it than he did, so the fact that he didn't explain it at all is some evidence.
- He's not making a huge effort to disguise his general speech habits.
- The way he got catty with the SCP people is super telling if you know Miles well, and Lisbet didn't know him for a long time but she got a very good look at how his mind operates.
I might as well post here, in case anyone’s wondering about this account, and it may also make me more likely to post in character at some point. I’m MTC. EmptySeat (which isn’t his actual codename) is planned to be a cape with an invisibility power.